TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Artists of any nationality may participate.
2. Works shall be unpublished.
3. The subject is free, and the technique is Woodcut. All techniques set out in the FISAE (International Federation of Ex - libris Societies) regulations concerning Woodcut are admitted (abbreviated X).
4. The award has three categories:
- Children's engraving award (up to 12 years old)
- Young artists’ engraving award (aged 13 to 17)
- Adults’ engraving award
5. The minimal measurements of the woodblock are 7 x 8 cm, the maximum is 18 x 13 cm; the maximum measurements of the printing paper are 38 x 28 cm.
6. Each participant may present 1 unframed original work from a maximum of 5 original works that will not be returned, in order to enlarge the Municipal Archives collection.
7. The works must be presented with the title on the back and accompanied by the fact sheet for each work and a brief CV of the author in a sealed envelope.
8. The works must be sent to the Arxiu Municipal de Torredembarra (Municipal Archives of Torredembarra) at Plaça del Castell, 8, Torredembarra (Catalonia-Spain), between Monday and Friday from 08.30 to 14.30, tel. (0034) 977640025. The delivery and collection of the artist's works is the responsibility of the artist. The organisation will accept no complaints regarding possible damage or losses.
9. The admission period for original works ends on 17 October 2018. As for shipping, count as a valid date, which will take the seal stamped by the origin’s post office.
10. A single award is established for each category, which may be declared void.
- Children's and Young’s category: 200€ engraving material and a certificate.
- Adult category: 1500 Euros and a certificate
The monetary award is conceived as a monetary reward for the rights of acquisition of the work and the edition of 33 signed copies, numbered 1/33 to 33/33, which must be handed it as a previous requirement before getting the prize. The amount is the gross amount received by the winner.
11. The Jury shall be with the following people: Ms. Mercè ALONSO, Mr. Marià CASAS, Mr. Francesc FONTBONA, and MR. Antoni GELONCH.
12. The jury’s decisions are final.
13. The jury’s decision shall be notified to the participants in autumn 2018 and the award ceremony will be held in the course of an event specified in time to give the verdict.
14. The award winning work will remain property of the Town of Torredembarra, kept in the Municipal Archives, and it will possess all legal rights of publishing, it being understood that the artist renounces property of the work and any right to complaint.
15. The winning piece shall be distributed to centres specializing in engravings so they can exhibit them to the public.
16. The artists chosen authorise the citation of their names, as well as the possible photographic reproduction of their works in brochures, books, posters, media and activity programmes of the organisation,
17. The exhibition of the works selected will take place in Torredembarra. At least one piece of each participant will be.
18. The organisers reserve the right to resolve any aspect not covered in these terms and conditions.
19. Taking part in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.